Uniform Special District Accountability Act
Sections 189.069 and 189.016, Florida Statutes
Tampa Bay Estuary Program
FY2021 (Oct 1, 2020 – Sept 30, 2021)
As an Independent Special District of the State of Florida, the Tampa Bay Estuary Program is required by Florida Statutes 189.069 and 189.016 to post the following information each fiscal year.
1. Full legal name:
Tampa Bay Estuary Program
2. Public purpose:
The mission of the Tampa Bay Estuary Program is to build partnerships to restore and protect Tampa Bay through implementation of a scientifically sound, community-based management plan.
3. TBEP’s governing body is its Policy Board. Members of the TBEP Policy Board (Aug. 2020) include:
Commissioner Charlie Justice (TBEP Chair)
Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners
Commissioner Stacy White (TBEP Vice-Chair)
Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners
Commissioner Kevin Van Ostenbridge
Manatee County Board of County Commissioners
Commissioner Christina Fitzpatrick
Pasco County Board of County Commissioners
Councilmember Amy Foster
City of St. Petersburg City Council
Councilmember Kathleen Beckman
City of Clearwater City Council
Councilmember John Dingfelder
City of Tampa City Council
Mrs. Rebecca Smith
Southwest Florida Water Management District Governing Board
Ms. Mary Yeargan
Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Southwest District Director
Mr. Tom McGill
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 4 Division Manager
4. Fiscal Year: October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021
5. The Tampa Bay Estuary Program was established as an Independent Special District in 1998 by means of an Interlocal Agreement between its partners (Document Link), and further ratified by a finding in 2000 by the State Department of Community Affairs (Document Link). In 2015, the Interlocal Agreement was amended and restated (Document Link). In 2016, both Pasco County and the Manatee County Port Authority signed joinders to the latest agreement.
6. Address and Internet website uniform resource locator: Tampa Bay Estuary Program
263 13th Ave. South, Suite 350
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
https://www.tbep.org (Main Website)
7. Boundaries and services provided: The boundaries of the Tampa Bay Estuary Program include Tampa Bay and its watershed. A map showing TBEP’s boundaries:
Services provided include facilitating collaboration of the Tampa Bay public and private sector to implement projects to restore and protect Tampa Bay’s living resources, implementing scientific and education projects and programs, and administrating competitive grants programs to assist bay partners and others in implementing projects which further advance TBEP goals and targets.
8. All taxes, fees, assessments or charges: TBEP does not have taxing or regulatory authority. Voluntary dues are provided by members of the Policy Board.
9. Primary contacts:
Ed Sherwood, TBEP Executive Director
Ron Hosler, TBEP Program Administrator
10. Code of ethics: The TBEP adopted Bylaws (Document Link) include Standards of Performance of Board members and Conflict of Interest provisions.
TBEP’s approved FY2021 Initial Budget can be found here: (Document Link).
12. Final Audit: TBEP’s approved FY2020 Final Audit and Financial Statements can be found here: (Document Link).