ABOUT THE TAMPA BAY ESTUARY PROGRAM
TBEP Committees » Community Advisory Committee
What is a Community Advisory Committee Member?
Community Advisory Committee (CAC) members want to learn more about
the issues and challenges facing the bay. We consider them the Tampa Bay
Estuary Program's (TBEP) "Citizen-Ambassadors" for the bay!
CAC Activities include:
- Communicate at least once a year with their local elected officials to provide an update on the efforts and progress of the TBEP in restoring Tampa Bay.
- Volunteer for at least one TBEP-sponsored activity or special event each year.
- Serving as judges for Bay Mini-Grants "Golden Mangrove" Award. This award is given to the most outstanding grant project.
- Attend Area Bay Management meetings (ABM) at the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council representing the CAC for the Tampa Bay Estuary Program.
- Serving as judges for TBEP's Bay Mini-Grants program. CAC members are responsible for making recommendations regarding community grants each year, funded by the specialty license plate.
- Represent TBEP on other committees and boards, as appointed by CAC co-chairs.
- Provide feedback to TBEP on the views of the communities and interest groups they represent, as they relate to the goals of the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan for Tampa Bay.
- Provide feedback to TBEP on the annual program Work Plan.
- Evaluate and report progress by local communities and agencies in implementing the CCMP and provide support where needed;
- Serving on a Speaker's Bureau to give presentations about the bay to schools and community groups.
- CAC members must live or work in Hillsborough, Manatee or Pinellas counties
- Must be able to attend 4 2-hour meetings per year, held on a Wednesday from 3 p.m.-5 pm. in northeast St. Petersburg
- Members serve 2-year terms.
|Jan Allyn, Co-Chair||Appointed by Pinellas County|
|Stephanie Ammons||Member at Large|
|Sue Brandon|| Appointed by the City of Oldsmar|
|Cara Cooper||Member at Large|
|Harry Cunningham III||Member at Large|
|Stephanie Ellington||Member at Large|
|Wendy Giesy Griffin||Appointed by SWFWMD|
|Mike Herdegen ||Member at Large|
|Jim Igler||Member at Large|
|Tra James, Co-Chair||Appointed by City of Clearwater|
|Marjorie Karvonen||Member at Large|
|Kristin Lehman||Member at Large|
|Joanne Lentino||Member at Large|
|Andy Lykens||Member at Large|
|Nadine Nickeson||Appointed by the City of Safety Harbor|
|Ronald Porter||Appointed by the City of St. Petersburg|
|Dorothy Rainey||Member at Large|
|Christine Sciarrino||Member at Large|
|David Westmark||Member at Large|
|Catie Wonders||Appointed by Manatee County|
|Ray Wunderlich IV||Member at Large|